Due to the incident, traffic on the highway in the southern direction from J2, M25, J12 to J3, A322 (Lightwater / Bagshot) was stopped, while on the north side traffic was also stopped. An ambulance is working at the scene. It is unknown at this time whether he was injured.
The travel monitor Inrix said: “The M3 to the south is blocked, traffic is stationary due to the accident, a truck and four other vehicles were involved from J2 M25 J12 to J3 A322 (Leivator / Bagshot).
“There is an ambulance at the scene and traffic is also stopping on the north side.”
National Highways wrote on Twitter: “Surrey, please note that the M3 is closed south between the J2 M25 Thorpe and the J3 Bagshot Lightwater due to a serious collision.
“There are emergency services, including an ambulance.
“Please wait for the delay and allow extra time on the road when traveling this afternoon.”
An air ambulance also blocked the M3 highway heading north.
National Highways has released a diversion route where motorists are encouraged to follow the black triangle symbol:
- From the M3 heading south, take the J2 / M25 J12 interchange
- Use the road to drive on the M25 carriageway clockwise
- Leave the M25 on the J13 and continue to the roundabout
- Take the 4th exit onto the ramp (A30) to merge onto A308 Glanty
- Turn left onto the A308 and drive under the M25
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit and rejoin the A30 Egham bypass
- Follow the A30 for about eight miles through Sunningdale and continue to the A30 London Road / Grove End roundabout at Bagshot
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit and join Grove End
- Head to the junction with the A322
- Turn left onto A322 Bracknell Road and continue onto the M3 J3 interchange
- Take the third exit on the roundabout to return onto the M3 heading south