You have created a decent software product and even launched it. Perhaps you received your first salary and began to reap the benefits of your efforts. However, your customers have questions. Maybe you forgot to take care of something else? The solution is simple: you need outsourcing SaaS customer service or hire an internal team.
Users will always have questions and demand an immediate answer, no matter how perfect your product is. This is claimed by Microsoft 90% of customers basically base their decision to purchase software on the availability of customer support.
Therefore, the success of your SaaS product depends not only on the quality of its delivery, but also on the quality of yours IT support. We will talk about customer support in this article and discuss the main reasons for outsourcing such services.
What is SaaS Customer Support?
SaaS customer support entails assisting your customers during the pre-sales and after-sales phases of your product. This service strives to do everything possible to ensure that user interaction with your software is as smooth as possible.
Customer support includes answering questions and providing an instant solution to any issues related to your product. Typically, the main channels of interaction with users are chat, chatbot, email or phone.
Your customer support team can also help your customers in some other ways. It can be training and educating your users through webinars, knowledge bases, tutorials and other educational tools.
Outsource vs. internal SaaS customer support
If SaaS companies need customer support, there are two options for running this service. The first is to recruit staff, and the second is to hire a remote SaaS support team.
Both ways of setting up customer support have several advantages and disadvantages. We now compare these two approaches so you can choose the one that meets the needs of your business.
Internal customer support team
An internal team involves setting up a separate customer support department in your company. This means that these professionals will work with you and you will be able to easily monitor their work. So, let’s take a look at the main pros and cons of such a team.
- Dedicated to your product. Your own teams will devote time to your software and will know its features and capabilities.
- Instant feedback. Because you are in the same office, you can quickly receive updates from your support team.
- More control over the team. Again, managing an internal customer support team is easier because you do it within your company.
- High data security. Working with your employees provides higher data security compared to third-party vendors.
- High cost. On the search and maintenance of staff, office rent, purchase of equipment, etc. it will take a lot of money.
- The need for staff training. When you assemble a new team to provide customer support, you need to spend time and resources familiarizing employees with your product.
Outsourcing customer support
The internal team looks very attractive for business. However, many companies are actively moving to an outsourced SaaS support model. This is when you hire a third-party vendor to perform customer support tasks.
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of outsourcing SaaS customer support services.
- Financial benefit. With outsourcing you get the opportunity to search for employees around the world and select them according to your financial capabilities.
- Quick adaptation. By contacting an outsourced customer support provider, you will immediately get a team of employees ready to start working here and now.
- Easier to replace the team. If your customer support specialists are not suitable for you, you can ask your service provider to find you a new team.
- High scalability. You can expand or reduce the support team depending on the workload of your business.
- Potential communication difficulties. Outsourcing allows you to search for employees anywhere in the world. This can lead to problems related to different time zones, languages, cultural barriers, etc.
- Security risks. Outsourcing involves only online communication with employees, and therefore there is a risk of data hacking. However, it is more up to the contractor you choose.
The main reasons for outsourcing SaaS customer service
You could see that outsourcing SaaS customer service offers many benefits to business. It is cost-effective, scalable and provides smooth adaptation. What else can lead you to outsource to form an internal team?
Let’s look at the main reasons.
Outsourcing opens up access to a wide range of employees. You can find customer support professionals almost anywhere in the world. It also allows you to select experts with experience in your specific niche.
Remote customer support vendors have probably worked with many companies and products before. In this way, you will hire remote professionals with a deep understanding of their tasks and responsibilities.
To run SaaS customer support, you only need to find a reliable vendor. A third party will do the rest for you. The scope of work includes the selection of employees, their service, as well as providing your team with the necessary software and equipment.
Outsourcing SaaS customers not only saves you money. This service also allows you to increase your profits. According to research, improved customer experience has helped 84% companies increase their revenues. How is this possible? You turn to experienced remote professionals who provide impeccable customer support.
Outsourcing SaaS customer support has many benefits for your business. Among the main – financial benefits, access to experienced professionals and the ability to easily scale your company.
How do you know you need outsourcing? SaaS outsourcing customer support is suitable for companies looking to grow without spending significant budgets on team service. It is also suitable for those businesses that seek to increase profits through impeccable customer support from experienced remote professionals.
As a result, outsourcing SaaS customer service allows business owners to focus on core business goals, and a remote team takes on customer support.