The collaborative solution provides customers with detailed, effective alerts to anticipate threats

Cohesion announced that it has joined forces with Palo Alto Networks for integration Cohesion Helios next generation data management platform with CortexTM XSOAR by Palo Alto Networks Orchestration, Automation, and Security Response (SOAR) platform for improved detection and recovery of ransomware programs.

A key factor in the fight against cyberattacks, such as ransomware, is how quickly you can recognize an attack and take steps to eliminate the consequences. This integration provides detailed automatic alerts when the Helios-based artificial intelligence platform detects anomalies in the backup data that may indicate a new attack. Following a warning Cohesity Cortex XSOAR launches an automated tutorial to sort and mitigate the effects of a potential cyber attack. Integrating a next-generation data management platform with SOAR capabilities (Orchestration, Automation, and Security Response) can help significantly accelerate threat detection and response, as well as reduce an organization’s risk appetite.

“Any delay in responding and resuming ransomware programs can lead to long periods of downtime, data loss and downtime,” said Brian Spanswick, CISO, Cohesity. “This integration can help more effectively link data management and data security – the key to being one step ahead of the constant ransomware attacks and enhancing the organization’s cyber resilience.”

“Cortex XSOAR’s integration with Cohesity’s next-generation data management platform is a significant advance in helping our joint customers protect themselves from ransomware attacks and improve their cyber resilience,” said Matt Chase, director of Cortex Alliances at Palo Alto Networks. . “The artificial intelligence-based Cohesity platform issues detailed alerts based on data anomalies. The detailed quality of these warnings helps Cortex XSOAR security analysts more quickly and accurately determine the scale and severity of the incident, helping customers maintain business continuity in the event of an attack. ”

Detailed and timely alerts can help security analysts quickly determine how best to respond, and can help relieve pressure and burn out. According to a study by Forrester Consulting, “State of Security Operations 2020”, Security analysts are asked to put out the fire with a garden hose. Only 47% of respondents said their organizations are able to handle most or all of the security alerts they receive in one day. The remaining 53% reported fighting in several ways:

  • 20% of alerts are manually viewed / selected by analysts.
  • Almost one third of all alerts are false positives.
  • 28% of warnings are never considered by analysts because the volume is just too large for them to keep up.

The integration of Cohesity Helios and Cortex XSOAR from Palo Alto Networks is designed to address and assist in alleviating the aforementioned problems.

Cohecity offers comprehensive anti-extortionists opportunities to protect backup data from cybercriminals. The Cohesity architecture helps ensure that backup data is immutable and cannot be accidentally or maliciously overwritten. Its AI-driven software continuously monitors for any anomalies in the organization’s data. If the worst happens, Cohesity helps find and restore clean copy data to reduce downtime, minimize losses and ensure business continuity.

Availability and additional information

The integration of Cohesity Helios with Cortex XSOAR from Palo Alto Networks is immediately available from Cortex XSOAR Marketplace. Visit Cohesity Marketplace to learn more about integration.

For more information

To read about other integrations available from Cohesity’s Marketplace, click here.

Cohesity Helios Integrates with Palo Alto Networks Cortex XSOAR to Help AI-Powered Ransomware Detection and Recovery

Previous articleKim Kardashian is credited to Kanye West for this lesson
Next articleTesla opens Supercharger sites in the UK for electric cars of other brands