during her long reign, which exceeded 70 years, many facts can be attributed to The Queen – and 70 were built by Buckingham Palace.
From the information, details and lists provided by the royal aides, here is a portrait of the queen’s life in figures:
– The Queen has sent more than 300,000 greeting cards to people celebrating their 100th anniversary, and more than 900,000 messages to couples celebrating a diamond (60th wedding anniversary).
– Since the Queen’s accession to the throne in 1952, more than 180 parties have been held at Buckingham Palace, and more than 1.5 million people have attended the garden party during her reign.
– During Her Majesty’s reign, there were 14 presidents of the United States, and, with the exception of President Lyndon B. Johnson (1963-1969), Her Majesty met with everyone.
– In honor of the Diamond Jubilee in 2012 On June 3, 2012 a diamond jubilee contest was held in the Thames, in which 670 boats took part in the parade on the Road Thames Rivermaking it the largest boat parade.
It surpassed the previous world record of 327 vessels set in Bremerhaven, Germany, in 2011.
– The Queen’s longest foreign tour began in Bermuda in November 1953 and ended in Gibraltar in May 1954.
She was absent for 168 days and visited 13 different countries.
– During her reign, the Queen met with four Popes on official visits: Pope John XXIII (1961), Pope John Paul II (1980, 1982 and 2000), Pope Benedict XVI (2010) and Pope Francis (2014).
– The Queen’s dress was designed by British couturier Sir Norman Hartnell.
He presented nine different projects, and the eighth head of state accepted.