Channel 10’s breakfast show struggles to hit new low with just 43 VIEWERS in Perth, population 2.1 million, after recording just 44 in Sydney
- Were you one of the 43 spectators watching in Perth? Email email@example.com
Channel 10 suffered a further blow after ratings for its new 10 breakfast programme, News First: Breakfast, fell further last week.
A total of 43 spectators in Perth tuned in to watch the breakfast program for its second week on the air, according to OzTAM numbers.
On the same day, the 30-minute broadcast gathered only 557 viewers Melbourne.
Channel 10 has suffered a further blow after ratings for its new breakfast show fell further last week. (Pictured: presenters Natasha Exelby and Lachlan Kennedy)
The show averaged 17,000 viewers in five major cities during its first five days on air, but that dropped to 15,000 per day in the second week.
It comes after a total of 44 viewers in Sydney tuned in to watch the breakfast show during its second day on air.
On the same day, the 30-minute broadcast drew just 224 viewers in Perth.
Just 43 viewers in Perth tuned in to watch 10 News First: Breakfast during its second week on air. On the same day, the 30-minute broadcast attracted 557 viewers in Melbourne. (Pictured left: Lachlan Kennedy; right: Natasha Exelby)
Despite the shockingly low ratings, a Channel 10 spokesperson told The Australian last week that the network was pleased with the results.
“Network 10 is delighted to launch 10 News First: Breakfast. It lifted the 2022 timeframe average by 13 percent in the first week,” they said.
Ten dropped the first half hour of Studio 10 and replaced it with a new morning bulletin two weeks ago.
The show averaged 17,000 viewers in five major cities during its first five days on air, but dropped to 15,000 per day in the second week.
It’s not the first time Channel 10 has gone into damage control after a breakfast TV show failed spectacularly.
The station’s last attempt at breakfast, Wake Up, was canceled in 2014 after just six months on the air.
The program was launched in November 2013 to compete with Channel Seven’s Sunrise and Channel Nine’s Today Show, but it flopped.
Channel 10’s last attempt at a breakfast program, Wake Up, was axed in 2014 after six months on air. Pictured: James Matheson (left), Natarsha Belling (centre) and Natasha Exelby (right)
It comes after Channel 10 denied rumors that Studio 10 were on the hook.
The morning show has been struggling for ratings for years, with Australian it is reported that there are now fears in the network that he may face the ax soon.
But last Monday, a 10 spokesperson denied the speculation, telling Daily Mail Australia the program remained profitable and was not going anywhere.
It comes after Channel 10 strongly denied rumors that Studio 10 was on the chopping block. Pictured: Hosts Sarah Harris and Tristan McManus