Block 2022 members put down their tools at 9 a.m. Sunday before the show’s premiere and auction.
And according to Art Sunday Herald Sunpotential buyers, including series regular Danny Wallis, were given a sneak peek of the property last week.
The publication understands that one agent even “helicoptered potential clients in for early viewings” of one home, while mega-buyer Danny flew in from Melbourne south of Gisborne in country Victoria to view the property.
Prospective homebuyers on The Block were given first-looks, with one agent even “HELICOPTING to clients for early viewings,” according to a new report on Sunday. Pictured: The Block 2022 website
Danny, a Melbourne-based IT entrepreneur with a net worth of $120 million, bought not one, but three homes on The Block last year for a total of $12.2 million.
The eccentric rich man kept his winning streak alive by buying three homes for nearly $12 million at the 2020 auction.
Danny also purchased Mitch and Mark’s home in Season 15 back in 2019 for $3.374 million, and one of the properties in Season 2012 for $1.4 million.
And according to the Sunday Herald Sun, potential buyers viewed the property last week. The publication understands that one agent even “helicoptered potential clients in for an early inspection” of one home. Pictured: host Scott Cam
Scott, 59, spoke out about his controversial comments during a media event in country Victoria late last month, revealing he was just “me, me”.
“Obviously I wish Joel and Elle well for the future. It’s just that they created a lot of chaos for us here in the first 48 hours,” he said.
Mega buyer Danny Wallis (pictured) also reportedly traveled from Melbourne to South Gisborne in country Victoria to view the property. The IT entrepreneur, who has a net worth of $120 million, purchased three homes on The Block last year for a total of $12.2 million.
The scrutiny comes after he branded Elle Ferguson and her fiance Joel Patfull “un-Australian” at the Logie Awards for quitting the show after just 48 hours.
Scott went on to reveal the chaos that ensued behind the scenes after their abrupt departure.
“The show… we invested a lot of time and money in the beginning of our show and then we had to redo everything… all the promos had to be reshot.
“There was just a lot of anxiety on our part when they just broke up the way they did.”
Scott, 59, explained what went on behind the scenes following Elle and Joel’s sudden departure at a media event in country Victoria late last month. Pictured: Elle, 36, and Joel, 37
Scott said the “great news” is that they have “another pair coming and they’re lovely”.
At the Logie Awards on June 19, Scott called the couple’s decision to leave the show due to a family emergency “un-Australian” and “s**t poor”.
Elle, 36, and Joel, 37, downed tools in April – just 48 hours after his mother suffered a horrific fall at home in Adelaide.
“The show … we invested a lot of time and money in the beginning of our show and then we had to redo everything … all the promos had to be reshot,” he said. “There was a lot of anxiety on our part when they broke up the way they did”
Scott said TV tonight on the Logies red carpet: “We had a 48-hour challenge to pick the house you would get and they went in 48 hours.
“This is something that has never happened before.
“Forty-five thousand people applied to be on The Block and won life-changing money. These guys stepped up and they just couldn’t keep up the pace after 48 hours.
“Which is a bit un-Australian of me! Try it! It’s f***ing poor.”
The couple made the difficult decision to quit the Channel Nine renovation show in April after Joel’s mum Trish broke her neck in a fall at her home in Adelaide.
Scott said at the Logie Awards on June 19 that the couple’s decision to leave the show due to a family emergency was “un-Australian” and “p**s poor”.
The former AFL star’s mother has reportedly fractured her coccyx and fractured her wrist.
After they left, Elle shared a photo of the couple’s suitcases at Melbourne Airport on Instagram and captioned it: “Wherever you are in the world, whatever you do, family always comes first.”
A Nine spokesperson confirmed their departure to Daily Mail Australia, saying: “We were surprised over the weekend that one of our new team members left The Block just days before filming for the upcoming season.
“We wish them all the best for the future and are delighted to welcome two new Aussies for the opportunity of a lifetime on The Block. The Block Tree Change will air as scheduled later this year.”
After they left, Elle posted a photo of their suitcases at Melbourne Airport on Instagram and wrote: “Wherever you are in the world, whatever you do, family always comes first.”
She also shared a black and white image of Joel sitting with their luggage as they prepare for their flight to Adelaide